When you want to show some content on your Android to someone who is not in front of you, taking a screenshot is a perfect choice. However, when screenshots is not enough, a longer, more detailed video recording is necessary. How to record the screen on an Android device, whether it’s by downloading an app, using the built-in screen recorder on Android 11, or using in-built tools available on some Android 10 devices.
Check if your Android phone has a built-in screen recorder.
Android 11 has finally added a native ability to record your phone’s screen. Having been a part of Android 11’s beta, Google’s developers finally decided to keep it, so now you can record your screen on any Android 11 phone.
1. Swipe down twice from the top of your screen.
2. Tap Screen record .
3. Choose what you want to record and tap Start. The recording begins after the countdown.
4. To stop recording, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the Screen recorder notification .
Besides, Samsung, OnePlus and LG phones on Android 10 users can access a screen recording option from the Quick Settings bars.
If your Android device doesn't built-in screen recording, use X-Mirage. X-Mirage allows you to mirror your Android screen to a Mac and record screen activities with sound and voiceover simultaneously.
X-Mirage is perfect for game recording. Mirror your Android game to the bigger Mac screen and use your Android as a controller. X-Mirage allows you to mirror and record multiple devices simultaneously.
Follow below steps to record android screen on Mac with X-Mirage.
1. Download and install X-Mirage on your Mac. Please make sure your Mac and Android devices are on the same Wi-fi network.
2. Swipe down from the top of your Android device to reveal the Quick Settings panel.
3. Look for and select a button labeled Cast.
4. A list of Chromecast devices on your network will show up. Choose your Mac.
5. Your Android screen will appear on the Mac. Click the circle icon to record screen activities.