When you want to show some content on your Android to someone who is not in front of you, taking a screenshot is a perfect choice. However, when screenshots is not enough, a longer, more detailed video recording is necessary. How to record the screen on an Android device, whether it’s by downloading an app, using the built-in screen recorder on Android 11, or using in-built tools available on some Android 10 devices.
If your Android device runs Android 11, screen recording is much easier. Android 11 has finally added a native ability to record your phone’s screen. Having been a part of Android 11’s beta, Google’s developers finally decided to keep it, so now you can record your screen on any Android 11 phone. Learn how to check your Android version.
1. Swipe down twice from the top of your screen.
2. Tap Screen record .
3. Choose what you want to record and tap Start. The recording begins after the countdown.
4. To stop recording, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the Screen recorder notification .
If you own an Android device from Samsung, LG, or OnePlus that can run Android 10, you also get a built-in screen recorder. (That includes the Galaxy s10, s10e, s10 Plus, Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and s20; OnePlus' 5, 5T, 6, 6T, 7, 7 Pro, and 8; and LG's V50, V50S, V60, G7, G8, and G9.) Other Android devices on Android 10 don't have built-in screen recorder.
The built-in screen recorder can be directly accessed on Quick Settings bar on Samsung and LG devices. Swipe down twice on your notification shade to access the Quick Settings section, and then select Screen Recording (on an LG phone) or Screen Recorder (on a Samsung phone). Then, tap the Start button, and wait for the short countdown to complete to begin recording.
On OnePlus smartphone running Android 10, the built-in screen recorder won’t initially be accessible from the Quick Settings bar. Instead, you’ll need to add it first as a shortcut.
Swipe down twice and Tap the Edit icon (it looks like a pencil), then swipe left to access the next page. Tap and hold the Screen Recorder app, then drag it to the Quick Settings menu. After that, you’ll now be able to access the Screen Recorder when opening Quick Settings.
X-Mirage is the best Android screen recorder if your Android device doesn't have built-in screen recorder. X-Mirage allows you to mirror your Android screen to a Mac and record screen activities with sound and voiceover simultaneously.
X-Mirage is perfect for game recording. Mirror your Android game to the bigger Mac screen and use your Android as a controller. X-Mirage allows you to mirror and record multiple devices simultaneously.
Follow below steps to record android screen on Mac with X-Mirage.
1. Download and install X-Mirage on your Mac. Please make sure your Mac and Android devices are on the same Wi-fi network.
2. Swipe down from the top of your Android device to reveal the Quick Settings panel.
3. Look for and select a button labeled Cast.
4. A list of Chromecast devices on your network will show up. Choose your Mac.
5. Your Android screen will appear on the Mac. Click the circle icon on the right side to record screen activities.